Space Hulk

Space Hulk

Postby Andy T » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on the Space Hulk game?
Are we interested in investing in a copy? (and by investing I wouldn't expect to see any financial return).

They are advertising it as limited stock when it's gone it's gone, ***it is available from third party retailers for £10 less than GW @ around £49.50.***

Unfortunately you're not able to buy the rule book / game counters separately, in view of that it may be an idea to get two boxes. Failing that Al have you retained any of your old Space Hulk counters if so they may be compatible.

Any thoughts?

---Edit---
***It would appear it's no longer available to buy from Minitures by Post, I hope we make a decision before everyone sells out.
Last edited by Andy T on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy T

Re: Space Hulk

Postby Andres » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Mmm... Space Hulk! Looks very nice. I'm up for chipping in for at least one set.

I don't remember how the Space Hulk 2e board pieces fit together - Al may know if they look compatible - i.e. keyed in the same way. There is a review on Warseer that says:
Unfortunately, I cannot safely say if they are the same size are the original and therefore be combined. If I was to guess though, they seem bigger but that might be because they are just chunkier.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216054

This happy chap would quite suit a Legion of the Dawn paint job. ;)

Andrew
Andres

Postby Dalaq » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Happy to chip in and will have real internet back on Friday yay!
Dalaq

Postby Andy T » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 am

It would appear all third party retailers have sold their inital allocations, some sites are stating they may have a better idea of futher allocations after the inital release. GW are stating that this is a limited stock game when it's gone it's, I can't believe though they would spend all the inital cost producing these boxsets (They always complain at the inital cost of producing plastic models) only to sell them for 1 day only.

My vote is on waiting until after inital release and buying from a third party retailer on the hope they get further allocations, rather than spending valuable cash paying full price on GW's webpage.
Andy T

Return to 40k